ANZAC biscuits were good for the soldiers in the war because
- the ingredients were available
- they gave the soldiers energy
- they were easy to get to the soldiers and stayed fresh for a longer time than most biscuits
- they could use them in different ways like to have with a cup of tea or by crumbling them and turning them into porridge
To make our ANZAC biscuits we
- put in some flour
- added some rolled oats
- added some sugar
- added some coconut
- then in another bowl we put some butter and golden syrup into the microwave to melt
- we added some baking soda and hot water to the butter and golden syrup
- we mixed it all together
- finally we rolled the mixture into balls
- now we are waiting for our cookies to COOK
We can't wait to taste them!
Later in the day we wrote our own recipe - we copied the ingredients and then had to write the method by remembering what we had done to make our biscuits.
Huge thanks to Becky, Valda and Cherie for helping with the baking today - we really appreciate it.